Monday, November 12, 2007

An introduction to Will, my baby

How about a short introduction to my boys? Gary was born January 18, 2005, so he is quickly approaching his 3rd birthday. He is smart and funny and quirky and loving and small and blonde and beautiful. You could swim in his big blue eyes. His hair is curly, and he twists it while he's drinking or falling asleep. As a result, unless he in just from the tub, his hair is usually big and wild. He awakes from his naps looking like he slept in pin curls. Normally, the first thing he says when he wakes up is, "Shhh, Bubba" or "Shhh, Dada." He assumes that he is the first one up, and someone else is sleeping and shouldn't be disturbed. Isn't he thoughtful? Next he will say either, "Dada home" or "Dada no(t) home." This is not a question. He says it matter-of-factly and then waits for me to confirm or contradict his guess. It will go something like this. Gary: "Dada home." Mommy: "Yep. He's downstairs eating cheese doodles. Let's go get one." or Gary: "Dada no(t) home.
Mommy: "Nope. He's still at work. Let's go eat his cheese doodles before he gets home." A quick word about no(t): Gary doesn't place ending sounds on most of his words, so I will try to help you out by filling in the gaps. This is a diary for me as much as it is a shared experience, and I want to remember the details. I'm running out of battery time, so I'll have to tell you more about Gary and all about Will, aka "Bubba", tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, I'm sitting here crying like a baby! What a writer you are.My cup runs over.MOM