Saturday, September 13, 2008

Double M's


Yesterday Gary woke up with a cold, or at least I thought it was a cold. It seems to have disappeared now. Anyway, he went with me to the store to stock up on supplies: Ibuprofen, Vick's Vapor Rub, Benadryl, etc. He saw M&M's in the check-out line and asked for some. He was calling them "M's". I just casually told him that I would get him some M&M's--didn't want to be too obvious about correcting him. I was just hoping that he'd pick up on it. Well, he ate about half the bag, and I put the rest in my pocket. After I got him buckled into his car seat he told me he wanted his "double M's". It's so funny the things kids come up with. I was pretty impressed, though, because I don't remember explaining what "double" meant or even using the word. I don't know what's so tough about saying "M&M's". Maybe he just likes being unique.

No comments: