Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Lesson in Manners

Tonight I was hanging out with Gary in Ree Ree's room while he was eating a popsicle and Mom was getting ready for bed. When he finished his purple popsicle I asked for a kiss. Well, my darling, sweet boy leaned over to kiss me and burped in my face. Then, of course, he giggled. I laughed and said, "You're supposed to say 'Excuse me' when you burp." So he blessed me. OK, maybe he's a little confused. Then he grinned really big and said, "I pooped on Ree Ree." I knew he meant to say that he "pooted" on Ree Ree (during a diaper change), so I corrected him. He just laughed and said, "Oh yeah, pooted." (giggle giggle) Boys. I know there's more to come. I had two big brothers. Joy! Somebody hide the cigarette lighters. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky. Those of you who are redneck enough to know exactly what I'm talking about, please let that little trick die with you. Let's spare the next generation.)

No comments: