Saturday, August 30, 2008

"My Not a Big Boy"

They aren't always in a big hurry to grow up.

That's something I'm figuring out lately. Today Bubba bit the devil out of Gary's back. He made a big blood blister. I loved on Gary and petted him and reminded him that Bubba can't express himself. I told him that he can't yet say "no" or "stop" or "mine" and that he would bite or hit if Gary didn't treat him nicely. Well, he didn't want to hear it. He just wanted me to hold him and put an ice pack his wound and love on him, poor little fellow. He put his arm around my neck and pulled me close to him and looked me straight in the eye and said, "My not a big boy." Translation: don't expect too much from me yet. I'm still little, and I'm trying to figure all of this out.

Point taken, Gary.

From now on I will just try to remind him when he's getting too close for comfort with Bubba and putting himself at risk for being bitten. Then it's up to him to release his brother from the leg-lock and save himself. That's all I can do.

No comments: